Our Approach to Investing
We believe that if you want to be a good investor, you should study good investors and do what they do. We have constructed LifeGuide InSight Portfolios by implementing principles that have been practiced by successful investors and have produced results over extended periods of time. These principles were developed through careful observation and interpretation of the behavior of financial markets, investment vehicles, investor behavior, and the world in general. They reflect the transcendent teachings written thousands of years ago in the new testament and Ecclesiastes, Chapter 11.
Our investment portfolios seek to utilize the lowest cost mutual fund and ETF share classes available to us. We review client portfolios at least weekly and employ a dynamic rebalancing process.
We manage our clients’ portfolios based on the following nine principles:
- Match investments with clearly defined goals.
- Create and maintain meaningful diversity.
- Be contrarian.
- Employ active management only where it is likely to add value.
- Keep expenses low, but focus on quality and value.
- Embrace illiquidity, when appropriate.
- Don’t pay more tax than you are required to.
- Have realistic expectations.
- Base your faith and contentment in something other than investment accounts.
We believe in systematically investing over a long period of time using a principled investment strategy. We believe that every account should have a defined objective and be invested according to its intended purpose.
Some of the investment services we offer include:
- Employer plan rollovers (401k, 403b, 457, TSP, RIP, TSA, Deferred Compensation)
- Individual retirement accounts (Traditional IRA, Roth IRA)
- Pre-retirement, non-qualified accounts, child & grandchild accounts
- Education savings accounts (529, Coverdell)
- Health savings accounts (HSA)
- Socially Responsible Investments (SRI), Biblical Responsible Investments (BRI), Environmental, Social, and Governance Investments (ESG)
- Donor-advised funds
- Qualified charitable distribution (QCD) planning and management
- Required minimum distribution (RMD) planning and management
- Passive, active, and blended investment strategies
- Dynamic account rebalancing
- Tax-efficient asset location and withdrawal strategies
- Global asset allocation
- Tax loss (and gain) harvesting
- Small business retirement and education savings plans (401k, 403b, SIMPLE, SEP)
- Executive carve-out plans
We are happy to provide you with more information or answer questions about our investment management services.
Click here for details about our investment management fees and services.