What Dave Ramsey says about his SmartVestor Program
Not just anyone can be a SmartVestor Pro. We’ve vetted hundreds of investing professionals across the country to find you the very best. Each SmartVestor Pro must adhere to our Code of Conduct.
SmartVestor Pros have a client-first mentality. SmartVestor Pros are committed to educating and empowering you. They don’t just offer a single company’s investment choices; they can shop around to help you reach your goals.
The SmartVestor program is free to use. Our SmartVestor Pros pay an advertising fee to be a part of the program, making the service free for you to use.
SmartVestor Pros focus on the long term. Like Dave, SmartVestor Pros believe that eliminating debt and investing for the long term is the ideal way to build wealth and prepare for retirement. No account is too small to get started.
A SmartVestor Pro is required to commit to the below code of conduct.
- Pro will not engage in unlawful, illegal, or unethical conduct, especially such conduct involving dishonesty, fraud, deceit, or misrepresentation, which reflects adversely on the Pro’s trustworthiness, professional competence, and fitness as a SmartVestor Pro.
- Pro consents to initial and ongoing screening by Ramsey Solutions of the following: – FINRA Broker Check, including any criminal history or bankruptcy information. – A complete computer-search of all public media accounts that may reference Pro. – Checks of any published sex offender registry.
- Pro affirms that neither Pro nor Pro’s firm nor closely held business is currently seeking federal or state bankruptcy protection. If Pro has sought bankruptcy protection in the past, Pro affirms that its most recent bankruptcy filing has been discharged or dismissed at least two years prior to the SmartVestor Pro relationship.
- Pro is not currently subject to any tax liens and is not unlawfully evading or delinquent with respect to any federal, state, or local taxes.
- Pro affirms that eliminating debt and investing for the long-term is the ideal way to build wealth and prepare for retirement.
- In the usual case, Pro recommends that clients have a reasonable emergency fund or savings before they start investing in non-liquid investments.
- Pro commits to prompt and responsive client service. Pro aspires to and exercises best efforts to contact new and current clients quickly, within 24 hours or as soon as practicable under the circumstances. Pro is not subject to any mandatory policies preventing Pro from working with all types clients, regardless of account size, preferences, or background.
- Pro is familiar and generally agrees with Ramsey Solutions’ mission and personal finance principles of its products and services.
- Pro has operational capacity to serve and promptly respond to all existing clients and the increased volume that could potentially result from advertising with SmartVestor.
- Pro does not exclusively offer proprietary products. With respect to its clients, Pro does not promote proprietary products over other offerings (1) solely because of a firm policy or fee or commission arrangement in such proprietary products, or (2) when in Pro’s reasonable professional judgment, the proprietary products would not achieve the client’s goals.
- Pro affirms that considering potential market returns, premiums, and costs to the client, whole life or cash value life insurance is not a prudent use of most clients’ funds.
- Pro believes that long term financial success is significantly dependent upon a client’s understanding of the market, risks, taxes, investment options, goals, strategies, and other factors effecting the outcome of a client’s wealth building plan. Therefore, in his or her interactions with clients, Pro actively endeavors to help clients become knowledgeable and educated concerning the client’s personal finances, investments, and overall financial plan.
-Adapted from Dave’s Blog on Dave Ramsey.com