Lifeguide and Dave Ramsey
Who is Dave Ramsey?
Dave Ramsey is an extremely popular national radio personality and author of the New York Times best-selling books- Financial Peace, More Than Enough, The Total Money Makeover, and EntreLeadership. His radio program, The Dave Ramsey Show, is heard on more than 500 radio stations throughout the U.S. and transmits Ramsey's inimitable financial advice on how to be responsible with your money so you can acquire enough wealth to take care of loved ones, retire with dignity, and give generously to others. Dave had to rebuild his financial life at the age of 30 when he had lost his $4 million real estate portfolio and he now teaches others from the wisdom he gained from his experiences and hardship. Ramsey offers his message of hope through a variety of programs, live events, and products. The Ramsey organization has a Endorsed Local Provider (ELP) Program for insurance professionals that they trust to care for their listeners who need help with insurance. They also have a SmartVestor Pro program for investors seeking guidance.
What is LifeGuide’s involvement with Dave Ramsey?
Doug Denlinger, LifeGuide’s Managing Partner, is a SmartVestor Pro and a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider (ELP) for Long-term Care Insurance. At LifeGuide, we very much embrace “the heart of a teacher” style of consulting and client care. We believe in Dave’s financial principles and are big fans of Financial Peace University (FPU).
All of our advisors are well versed in Dave’s financial principles. Doug, Zak and Derek have facilitated FPUs in the past and they enjoy assisting churches and facilitators make the most out of their FPU events by offering advice and providing substitute teaching on occasion. Zak also recently attended Dave Ramsey’s Momentum Conference and is in the process of helping lead his home church through Dave’s church-wide Momentum program. LifeGuide also assists churches and individuals by offering an FPU scholarship program.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you would like to learn more about how we can help you make the most of Dave’s programs.
What is the SmartVestor Pro Code of Conduct:
A SmartVestor Pro is required to commit to the below code of conduct.
- Pro will not engage in unlawful, illegal, or unethical conduct, especially such conduct involving
dishonesty, fraud, deceit, misrepresentation, which reflects adversely on Pro’s trustworthiness,
professional competence, and fitness as a SmartVestor Pro.
- Pro consents to initial and ongoing screening by Ramsey Solutions of the following:
- FINRA Broker Check, including any criminal history or bankruptcy information.
- A complete computer-search of all public media accounts that may reference Pro.
- Checks of any published sex offender registry.
- Pro affirms that neither Pro nor Pro’s firm nor closely held business is currently seeking federal
or state bankruptcy protection. If Pro has sought bankruptcy protection in the past, Pro affirms
that its most recent bankruptcy filing has been discharged or dismissed at least two years prior
to the SmartVestor Pro relationship.
- Pro is not currently subject to any tax liens and is not unlawfully evading or delinquent with
respect to any federal, state or local taxes.
- Pro affirms that eliminating debt and investing for the long-term is the ideal way to build wealth
and prepare for retirement.
- In the usual case, Pro recommends that clients have a reasonable emergency fund or savings
before they start investing in non-liquid investments.
- Pro commits to prompt and responsive client service. Pro aspires to and exercises best efforts
to contact new and current clients quickly, within 24 hours or as soon as practicable under the
circumstances.Pro is not subject to any mandatory policies preventing Pro from working with all types clients, regardless of account size, preferences, or background.
- Pro is familiar and generally agrees with Ramsey Solutions’ mission and personal finance principles of its products and services.
- Pro has operational capacity to serve and promptly respond to all existing clients and the increased volume that could potentially result from advertising with SmartVestor.
- Pro does not exclusively offer proprietary products. With respect to its clients, Pro does not promote proprietary products over other offerings (1) solely because of a firm policy or fee or commission arrangement in such proprietary products, or (2) when in Pro’s reasonable professional judgment, the proprietary products would not achieve the client’s goals.
- Pro affirms that considering potential market returns, premiums, and costs to the client, whole life or cash value life insurance is not a prudent use of most clients’ funds.
- Pro believes that long term financial success is significantly dependent upon a client’s understanding of the market, risks, taxes, investment options, goals, strategies and other factors effecting the outcome of a client’s wealth building plan. Therefore, in his or her interactions with clients, Pro actively endeavors to help clients become knowledgeable and educated concerning the client’s personal finances, investments, and overall financial plan.
Why use a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider (ELP)? (from daveramsey.com)
ELPs earn Dave's endorsement—they can't buy it
Being an ELP isn’t easy; it’s hard work because ELPs are held to a high standard of excellence. While ELPs do pay a fee to cover website maintenance and employment costs, Dave’s endorsement is not bought—it’s earned. We have a 45-person team that interviews potential ELPs several times and provides support to make sure your ELP provides the advice Dave would give. We also strive to ensure that every ELP is someone you feel comfortable talking to and is a person you can trust.
On top of that, Dave evaluates the performance of all ELPs every month. Also, every person who uses an ELP has a chance to grade them based on their personal experience through surveys we provide.
ELPs give great customer service and are easy to understand
We make sure each of our ELPs truly has the heart of a teacher, so you can trust your ELP to provide top-notch customer service. No one likes to be talked down to or made to feel as if they don't matter. Our ELPs take pride in the fact that they treat each Dave fan like a friend.
Where can I hear Dave’s Radio Show?
If you are interested in listening to one of Dave's radio programs, here are a few stations in our listening area. You can also listen online at www.daveramsey.com/show/radio
910 AM WSBA
1450 AM WTHU
930 AM WFMD
Who is Dave Ramsey?